Wednesday 10 June 2015

I'm Back!!!

Hi all, I'm back.  Sorry for the long absence. I started my new job this Monday gone past and have been in bed early every night this week. What is it about a new job that completely fries your brain? I suppose somewhere between learning everybody's name (and trying to remember it); figuring out where the bathroom and paper shredder is located as well as coming to grips with your new position and tasks, there isn't much room or energy left for very much else. But nevermind, because next week will be better!

A word on my new job (which I will blog about another time) - Matthew and I are firm believers in the power of prayer. When this job opportunity came up, although I really wanted it, our prayer wasn't "please Lord let Jenn get this job" it was "Lord if this job is the right one for Jenn, then please let her get it". It was a subtle difference but an important one. It was having faith that if something was meant to be, it would be, instead of having a heart full of fear and following our own desires based on that fear. And then once it was confirmed that I'd be appointed there was a whole lotta "thank you, thank you, thank you" prayers, because let's be honest there was no way I'd be getting this job so soon if it wasn't for Him.

So what did we get up to this weekend? On Friday night my sister and I explored the Musgrave Centre Rooftop Night Market. I was pleasantly surprised! Many of the I Heart Market vendors were there, which meant that my favourite homemade kiddies' clothes, second-hand refurbished clothes, one of a kind designer clothing, jewellery, wooden boards with quirky sayings and yummy eats were on display. Do yourself a favour and skip making dinner on this particular Friday night and instead indulge in some yummy Colombo coffee/smoothies/homemade lemonade followed by a stirfry/wrap/prego roll/Greek delicacy and then finish off the evening with a Wicked Donut (these were sold out by the time we left!).  Think of flavours such as peanut butter blast or nutella filled doughnut holes. Yum!

Local musical talent performs in turn. There was a Matthew Mole-esque guitarist performing earlier in the evening.

The market packed to capacity already.

People with awesome hair like this hang out there. They really do.

We were lucky to get there early enough, and you should to, because it does tend to get manic later on in the evening, and you'll be fighting it out for a spot to sit.

The market is held the first Friday of every month. You should be there!

The next day I attended the "Women of Worth 2015" ladies tea at LIV Village with Natz. We were spoilt with cappuccinos and sweet treats made by the ladies trained at the culinary school, lovely handmade gifts, four amazing guest speakers, some worship, and a fashion show put on by the female teenagers who live at the village.  They were displaying the accessories which are made by local ladies in the factory and sold in the little shop (both located on-site). Just for your information if you are looking for gorgeous one of a kind gifts please look here. They stock beautiful baby onesies, baby booties, bags, cushions, shirts, keyring etc.  100% of the profit goes to the children who stay in the village.

The story of how LIV Village came to be is an amazing one, which you can read about here: http://www.liv-village.com
That story alone moved me to tears (which if you know me, you'll know it's not hard to do) but what really touched me was Kimberly's story: of how she fell in love with her husband (I'm a major sucker for romance), their five little ones and their missionary work. She spoke of how the greatest praise/worship which we can offer to God is not in our moments of fame or glory, but rather in our most desperate moments. She started singing then and I don't think there was a dry eye in the house!  I am so glad I had the opportunity to attend this event.
To read Kimberly's story go here: http://www.bobandkimberly.com

They are also starting an outreach programme called "Extreme Love" within the next two months, so I can't wait to see what that's about.

Enjoy some pics from the day below:












Have a good week all of you. I hope to be back again this week, but won't make any promises.  I will be back to my old self and blog from next week for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment