Sunday 10 May 2015

Saturday Recap

Saturday Recap




This Saturday Matt's granny and grandpa were visiting Durban from Hartbeespoort. We met them, Elizabeth and their friend at the botanical gardens. One of my all time favourite places to relax and unwind. It was lovely to be able to spend an early Mother's Day with Mary.

Grandpa is a genius at creating works of wood art. He brought down an exquisite S-shaped T.V. unit for Elizabeth, and he will be making us a beautiful entrance table for our front hall. Thank you Grandpa. I wish instead of geometry I had taken home economics or learnt carpentry at school. It would have been so much more useful on a day to day basis.

Elizabeth has also kindly lent me Deb's sewing machine so I can start learning. I have big plans: for cushions, curtains, bags, shirt dresses, a cover for our storage area and above all quilts. But we all have to start somewhere. Right now I'd be excited if I could just figure out how to turn it on. Wish me luck!

Happy mothers day to all the mommy's out there and especially to my own I hope you have a lovely day Mom and get spoilt rotten. Love you xxx

Now I'm off to make some vanilla flapjacks for my husband. I love feeding him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment