Friday 8 May 2015

Trading Fear for Faith

Trading Fear for Faith

Today's topic is one that's very close to my heart, and something that keeps arising in my life recently, so I wanted to share it with you all. Maybe it is something you have been struggling with too.

We all like to believe that we are masters of our own destiny, and if that we don't keep all the balls up in the air everything would fall apart. This is not the case.

So many times in my life I have felt confused, overwhelmed and at my wits end. Trying to do it all alone and failing miserably. In these moments we are not alone. God is with us and he is guiding us. Sometimes he gives us trials which make no sense to us at the time, but he does this so that we can learn and grow as individuals. So often I can look back at a trying time in my life and can see the purpose in it: the reason I had to go through it in order to come out stronger and happier than I was before.

At our church, Christoff delivered a very powerful sermon asking us to trade fear for faith, believing that God is in control and that he will answer our prayers in his time.

I trade fear for faith that...
God hears my prayers
That this is all part of God's plan for me
That things will only continue to get better for our little family
That I will feel happy and whole again soon

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

What fear is it that you may be struggling to trade for faith?

Please trust that everything happens for a reason, and that you are not alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment