Monday 18 May 2015

What We Got Up To This Weekend

I don't know about all of you, but this weekend was a busy one for Matt and I.

On Saturday we picked up all the soccer gear which Matt needed for the weekly soccer clinics which he will be running. Matt is a natural with children so it only made sense that he would combine this with his passion for soccer, and help kids improve their skills on the football field. The soccer clinic will be held on Saturdays at Stella indoor courts from 2 - 3:30 starting from the 30th May 2015. It is open to boys and girls aged 7 to 14 years. Yours truly will be onhand to dispense the water, orange slices and kiss the boo-boo's better (also known as being the first aid lady). I am so excited to start calling my husband coach and also incredibly proud of him pursuing his dreams.

On the same day we made a trip to Builders Express to get the materials for my DIY headboard project. Work on it begins this week and I'll share photos as the project moves along. It is going to be hard work but well worth the end result.  I can't promise there won't be some trial and error along the way but at the very least it'll be amusing for all of you. I am beyond excited for this project, but already have my mind set on the next one.  One step at a time.

I also want to share how incredibly proud I am of my husband this week. He is such a hard worker and to see that recognised at his job is so rewarding for us both. I know he will continue to go from strength to strength.  I love you Matt.

Last but not least I tried out a new baking recipe (courtesy of Your Family magazine May 2015 issue) which I want to share with all of you. I love it because there are so few ingredients and it's so quick and easy to prepare. Plus it is so yummy and chocolatey and not too sweet - just the way we like it.  Please try it out and share if you enjoyed it.

CHOCOLATE LAVA POT

Ingredients:
- 120g butter
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped (I used 70%)
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 80ml sugar (I used brown sugar)
- A pinch of salt
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 80ml ground almonds

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius. Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.  Cool to room temperature.
2) Beat the eggs and sugar until light and creamy.  Gradually add the chocolate mixture, while whisking.  Stir in the salt, vanilla and almonds.  Divide the batter between 4 x 180ml ovenproof cups or ramekins.
3) Bake for about 25 minutes until the tops crackle and the sides are baked, but the centres are still gooey.

Please note that this will only serve 4 guests as I discovered too late (sorry we all had to share) and is yummiest served with cream or ice cream.

Unfortunately that wasn't my only mistake, I also forgot to take any photos before we all tucked in. Matt says it's okay because all it means is that I get to make it again for him this week. He's so funny.

Enjoy your evening with your loved ones.  Till next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment